Improving sftp (was Re: BUG: scp -r follows symlinks)

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Mon Jan 12 14:55:45 EST 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Peter Stuge wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 01:48:42PM +1100, Darren Tucker wrote:
> > Since SFTP is defined by the IETF SECSH Working Group (although I see
> > the last SFTP draft has expired and isn't listed on the web page[1] any
> > more) I would imagine that OpenSSH will always have them.
>
> Ok, yes, I think so too.
>

> > sftp and sftp-server are still being developed (see the CVS logs) and
> > there are other things that haven't been completed yet (eg Ben's sftp
> > readline patch).
>
> Ah, that's one of the things that would be nice to have. There's nothing
> in bugzilla[1] since 2003-05-08 - what is the current status?

Sitting on my desk along with a caching glob() to speed up ls command.
And there it will stay until end of Feb when my work is not pounding me
with impossible conversion issues.

Last drafts of both are on http://www.eviladmin.org.  It needs touching up
to work on the current code (and no autoconf code yet), and currently is
not 100% compatible with libedit.  However, last I checked the patches
floating around for OpenBSD tree for libedit it was very close.

- Ben