openssh-unix-dev Digest, Vol 9, Issue 16

Jeremy McMillan aphor at speakeasy.net
Sat Jan 17 11:37:28 EST 2004

On Solaris, if you create a banner file /etc/issue it will do what I
think you want. However, it comes in on stderr from your ssh client, so
you need to do complicated things to get clean output from stderr of
remote commands.

Does anyone know if this is different from the banner option in the
sshd_config that everyone's been talking about?

On Jan 15, 2004, at 7:13 PM, openssh-unix-dev-request at mindrot.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:21:45 -0200
> From: Glauco Marolla <Glauco.Marolla at Sun.COM>
> Subject: Banner doubts
> To: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
>
> Hi all. I'd like to know if someone knows how to implement  a banner
> to be prompted just after a connection to a server is initialized.
> It's necessary doing that to warm who is trying to access the server
> just for security.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Glauco

---