Problem restarting SSHD in AIX when the server got rebooted.

Vinjam, Kishore Kishore_Vinjam at apl.com
Wed Jan 21 00:27:12 EST 2004

Hi ,

I had downloaded the OpenSSH AIX binary packages from http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/ . It is working fine usually, but when i reboot the server it doesnt start the sshd daemon automatically.
I see there is a line added in /etc/rc.tcpip server to start the sshd on restart while intallation of the package. But it is throwing the following error in error log while the server is rebooted.
#errpt -a
LABEL:          SRC
IDENTIFIER:     E18E984F
Date/Time:       Tue Jan 20 18:44:55
Sequence Number: 418
Machine Id:      000D55FD4C00
Node Id:         oaklab4
Class:           S
Type:            PERM
Resource Name:   SRC
Description
SOFTWARE PROGRAM ERROR
Probable Causes
APPLICATION PROGRAM
Failure Causes
SOFTWARE PROGRAM
        Recommended Actions
        PERFORM PROBLEM RECOVERY PROCEDURES
Detail Data
SYMPTOM CODE
         256
SOFTWARE ERROR CODE
       -9020
ERROR CODE
           0
DETECTING MODULE
'srchevn.c'@line:'343'
FAILING MODULE
sshd
But i am able to restart the sshd manually using startsrc. I notice that the problem is because /etc/rc.tcpip is using startsrc -s sshd -a "0|1" . I tried the same command manually and an error ( as mentioned above) was logged.
I hope this could be a know problem for you. Please let me know the solution for the same.. Your Help would be greatly apprecited.

Regards,
Kishore Vinjam.