Release testing

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 06:43:42 EST 2004

On Jan 22 08:33, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning on releasing the next version of OpenSSH in a couple
> of weeks. As always, we would like to see it tested as widely as
> possible before this happens.
>
> We would therefore like you to test the latest snapshots (20030122
> and later) on as many machines that you have access to. Ideally
> this testing should include running the regress tests and use of
> the snapshots in a non-critical environment.
>
> Please report your results or any problems to the mailing list.

My Cygwin results:

OpenSSH has been configured with the following options:
                     User binaries: /usr/bin
                   System binaries: /usr/sbin
               Configuration files: /etc
                   Askpass program: ${prefix}/sbin/ssh-askpass
                      Manual pages: /usr/share/man/manX
                          PID file: /var/run
  Privilege separation chroot path: /var/empty
            sshd default user PATH: /bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/bin
                    Manpage format: doc
                       DNS support:
                       PAM support: no
                 KerberosV support: no
                 Smartcard support: no
                     S/KEY support: no
              TCP Wrappers support: yes
              MD5 password support: no
       IP address in $DISPLAY hack: no
           Translate v4 in v6 hack: no
                  BSD Auth support: no
              Random number source: OpenSSL internal ONLY

              Host: i686-pc-cygwin
          Compiler: gcc
    Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized
Preprocessor flags:
      Linker flags:
         Libraries: -lwrap  -lresolv -lz  /usr/lib/textmode.o -lcrypto -lcrypt

All tests in the testsuite pass, except the one trying to copy a file
with illegal characters on Windows file systems.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer