OpenSSH - Connection problem when LoginGraceTime exceeds time

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 28 23:22:43 EST 2004

Kumaresh wrote:
> For my understanding, may I please know what are the problems with the first
> patch?

This is embarassing, but anyway: in the case where the client connects
but does not exchange identification (eg if you connect to it with
telnet and send no data) and the SIGALRM timer expires, the signal
handler will attempt to dereference pmonitor which will not have been
initialized at that point.  It will most likely segfault.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.