Pending OpenSSH release: contains Kerberos/GSSAPI changes

Sam Hartman hartmans at mit.edu
Sat Jan 31 09:54:27 EST 2004

    Ben> I need someone to look at this and get back to us ASAP in
    Ben> regards to if this will break GSSAPI-WITH-MIC.

It may make some conforming clients break but does not create a
security problem.

Some client implementers may choose to introduce an extra round trip
(which is what setting the mutual required flag does) in order to
interoperate with OpenSsh if the code is released in the current
state.

Really, that's probably OK if it happens.

I'd class this as a minor conformance issue, but not a huge deal.