SANE 2004 Free Software Bazaar

Bram Moolenaar Bram at moolenaar.net
Wed Jun 2 01:31:48 EST 2004

We (the NLUUG) are organising a conference in Amsterdam this September.
During this SANE conference we have reserved an evening for a Free
Software Bazaar.  We invite many people to participate in this gathering
of Free and Open Source software groups.

The name "Bazaar" obviously originates from Eric Raymond's article: A
place where software developers gather.  A unique opportunity to meet
people, discuss and share ideas.

I thought you might be interested in the Bazaar.  It would be very good
if a few developers can show the latest news about OpenSSH.  Perhaps
also a good occasion to meet with people from your own group and users.

The Bazaar takes place on Wednesday evening, September 29th, in
Amsterdam.
Richard M. Stallman will do a presentation before the Bazaar.
Entrance is free! (*)

What is possible at the Bazaar:
- Man a booth (a table and billboard) and show what OpenSSH is currently
  working on.  Give a demo on a laptop.  There will be wireless network
  access.  Sales of T-shirts, posters, etc. is possible, but no
  commercial activities.
- Organise a BOF or lightning talks session.  We have two rooms
  available.
- Feel free to come up with other ideas.

Please let me know ASAP whether a few people from OpenSSH would like to
join the Bazaar and what we can reserve for you.  We have limited space
and we would like to mention in publications what groups will be
present.

Note: If you would like to join the conference, there is still the
possibility to submit an abstract for the poster sessions.  The deadline
is June 7, that is next week!

More information on the SANE website: www.sane.nl

- Bram

(*) If we succeed in finding a sponsor....

18. Your wife drapes a blond wig over your monitor to remind you of what she
    looks like.

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram at Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///        Sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\              Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///