More than 10 open sessions

Markus Friedl markus at openbsd.org
Wed Jun 2 21:07:01 EST 2004

no, it's not related to MAX_SESSIONS

it's more likely related to:

     MaxStartups
             Specifies the maximum number of concurrent unauthenticated con-
             nections to the sshd daemon.  Additional connections will be
             dropped until authentication succeeds or the LoginGraceTime ex-
             pires for a connection.  The default is 10.

             Alternatively, random early drop can be enabled by specifying the
             three colon separated values ``start:rate:full'' (e.g.,
             "10:30:60").  sshd will refuse connection attempts with a proba-
             bility of ``rate/100'' (30%) if there are currently ``start''
             (10) unauthenticated connections.  The probability increases lin-
             early and all connection attempts are refused if the number of
             unauthenticated connections reaches ``full'' (60).