C library for SSH

Jefferson Ogata Jefferson.Ogata at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 7 05:26:26 EST 2004

Manimaran Subbaraj wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion. In my case, now that SSH
> implementation is complete and I don't have the root
> privilage I won't be able to implement the same.

Why not? Unless pubkeyauthentication is actually disabled, you can use keypairs
to your heart's content.

> What Iam looking for is, passing SSH password as an
> argument when making a SSH connection. The application
> making the SSH connection need to remain
> non-interactive.

Putting passwords on the command line is always a terrible idea.

If you really want to do something like this, either wrap SSH up with a pty
control program such as expect, write a pty emulator in Perl using IO::Pty or
IPC::Run, or use the Perl SSH library Net::SSH to write your own SSH client.

> The application may run from any client (that resides
> in a seperate NIS/NFS domain) and need to communicate
> with the server with proper authentication. In this
> case the SSH password.

The application is badly designed, and SSH can't save you.

One wonders why you're using SSH at all.

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata at noaa.gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt at noaa.gov>