problem with DNS lookups on non-IPv4-only-mode?

Kendell Welch kwelch at useractive.com
Wed Jun 9 07:11:14 EST 2004

Below are some details about a few of the servers on which I encountered
the hanging DNS problem...I'm afraid that the BSD account I had trouble
with is no longer available...Windows OpenSSH servers have never had the
problem as best as I can tell.

---Machine 2---
Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche)
Kernel: Linux 2.4.23-xfs
glibc-2.2.93-5
glibc-devel-2.2.93-5
glibc-common-2.2.93-5
glibc-kernheaders-2.4-7.20
OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f
---------------

---Machine 2---
Custom Distribution
Kernel: Linux 2.4.25
Glibc Version 2.1 - that's the best answer I could get from our admin :P
OpenSSH_3.7.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.6g 9 Aug 2002

---Machine 3---
Nomad Linux 2.0
Kernel: 2.4.25 #1 SMP
Glibc Version 2.1 - that's the best answer I could get from our admin :P
OpenSSH_3.7.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.6g 9 Aug 2002

Thanks!
Kendell