X user application fails come up but xclock and xterm come up

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sat Jun 26 05:01:52 EST 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Raju, Narendra wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>    I open secure Session with X11 forwarding. when run any standard X
> applicattion like xterm xclock
> it come up without any error. I start my user X application it fails. On
> User application side it fails when
> "xtOpenDisplay" system call with localhost:10.0.

One of two things may be coming into play:

1. In your sshd_config:

     X11UseLocalhost
             Specifies whether sshd should bind the X11 forwarding server to
             the loopback address or to the wildcard address.

Which is defualted to 'yes'

2. In your ssh_config:

     ForwardX11Trusted
             If this option is set to ``yes'' then remote X11 clients will
             have full access to the original X11 display.

Which is defaulted to 'no'.

I suspect the former.. but the latter may soon follow.

- Ben