Environment variable with key ID in it?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Jun 27 09:00:11 EST 2004

A couple of years ago I submitted a patch which exported the SSH public
key id to the user environment.  My reasoning at the time was that I
wanted a way to set up a particular environment when I connected to an
account that was shared among several different users.  That patch was
never accepted, I don't recall if it was because you could use the
"user environment" functionality or what.  However, now that the
environment= is recommended to be disabled I find I'm needing that sort
of functionality again.

So, can something be done to either fix the problems with environment=
or exporting the key id that was used for authentication?  I don't see
what the issue is with exporting the public key id is, and it seems less
prone to problems than, for example, the environment= stuff.

Thoughts?

Sean
--
 Put out fires during the daytime.  Do your real work at night.
 Sleep is just an addiction.  -- Dieter Muller