"break"/SIGINT handling

Darren Warner darren at dazwin.com
Wed Jun 30 12:16:17 EST 2004

Hi,

Could anyone tell me why break requests are only handled in sshd if the channel type is in a 'LARVAL' state?

I'm converting an application that currently uses telnet as an underlying communication protocol and it relies on a SIGINT when an IAC/IP is received by the telnet daemon. It seems an SSH break could/should perform a similar function (tcsendbreak() in session_break_req() would cause this) but my application is started as part of the users .profile - i.e. after a 'shell' request and the channel type is changed to SSH_CHANNEL_OPEN.

Is there any way I can get a signal through to my server application from the client?

Thanks

Darren Warner