-R port:host:hostport - communication lost after some minutes

Hans Schou chlor at schou.dk
Fri Mar 5 04:09:55 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Peter Stuge wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 02:42:35PM +0100, Hans Schou wrote:
> > I guess I can reproduce the bug witin 15 minutes.
>
> Then I'd guess your NAT firewall has a connection tracking timeout
> of, exactly, 15 minutes.

Sorry. I mean that if I try to get the error, it would take me less
than 15 min to get it. Sometimes it will occour within a minute.

> Use ClientAliveInterval in sshd to induce occasional traffic.

If don't touch the keyboard at all the connection will close down
after 60 minutes.

/hans
--
Hamletsgade 4 - 201, DK-2200 København N, Phone: +45 3582 9079
Schou Industries ApS      http://schou.dk/    CVR: 26 13 44 39