environ problem in 3.8p1

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Mar 13 08:57:10 EST 2004

Roger Cornelius wrote:
> No problem.  Thank you, and all the ssh team, for continuing to develop
> openssh, and continuing to support SCO, despite their current litigation
> attempts.

The OpenSSH project goal [1] is "all operating systems should ship with
support for the SSH".  There's no exception for operating systems from
litigant vendors.

That said, I personally do not agree with their actions, and believe
that they're doing even more of a disservice to their user base (ie
customers!) than to the rest of the community.  (Note to readers: This
is not an invitation to flood openssh-unix-dev on this topic, anyone
wishing to follow up should do so via private email.)

[1] http://www.openssh.com/goals.html

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.