ssh timeout

Steve Belt (rgpg70) Steve.Belt at motorola.com
Wed Mar 17 03:50:40 EST 2004

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any way I can get ssh to timeout (return) if
nothing is entered when prompted for a password?  I understand there is
a LoginGraceTime value that can be used in the sshd_config file, but
that still doesn't make ssh return (exit) when no password is ever
entered.  The command just hangs until a <return> is pressed.  Is there
any way to make it return after the LoginGraceTime limit has expired?

I am using ssh inside a script that cycles over several hosts.  If a
host does not have an updated authorized_keys file, it prompts for a
password.  The script then hangs while ssh waits for an answer.  I would
like ssh to return (exit) eventually so the script can continue.

Thanks,

--

Steve "Wheat" Belt		Motorola, Inc.
Steve.Belt at motorola.com		6501 William Cannon Dr. West, MD OE341