openssh and SEAM (Kerberos)

Darren J Moffat Darren.Moffat at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 30 08:21:14 EST 2004

mld12 at uark.edu wrote:
> I'm trying to get openssh to work with SEAM(Solaris
> Enterprise Authentication Mechanism) on Solaris 9.
> I have a few questions.  Any help would be appreciated.
> I am working with openssh 3.8.
>
> 1.  First of all, does anyone know if it is possible
> to get openssh working with SEAM?

Yes it is.  You should be able to get it to work by ensuring GSS support
is enabled.

> 2.  Which options do i need to use when compiling
> openssh?  Do i need to use --with-kerberos5=kerbpath
> or --with-pam or both?

SEAM does not expose any Kerberos APIs only GSS.

> 5.  Does openssh rely on the pam_krb5 module?

No.

Describe what problems you are having and give the debug output from the
client and server.

--
Darren J Moffat