ssh-add

Dmitry Berezin dberezin at acs.rutgers.edu
Wed Mar 31 07:32:04 EST 2004

I’m trying to have ssh-agent started for a particular user on the Solaris 8
server when the server boots up, so that I could run some SCPs from cron and
use publickey authentication with encrypted key. With OpenSSH version 3.8p1
ssh-add takes the pass-phrase from standard input, so I can automate
ssh-agent startup, but with the slightly older versions of OpenSSH this does
not work. Is this a feature that was recently implemented or a bug that will
be fixed later on (and I can not rely on having this functionality in a
future)?
I am not sure if I am doing this conceptually correct in the first place
though

  Thank you,

  -Dmitry.