Error with USE_POSIX_THREADS and OpenSSH-3.8p1

Kumaresh kumaresh_ind at gmx.net
Tue May 4 22:16:07 EST 2004

> Kumaresh wrote:
>
> > This is not the case with
> > OpenSSH-3.7.1p2. It works when USE_POSIX_THREADS is enabled.But, 3.8p1
> > closed with this error in the server side.
> > debug3: pam_password_change_required 0
> > debug3: PAM: num env strings 0
> > buffer_get: trying to get more bytes 4 than in buffer 0
>
> This is already fixed in 3.8.1p1.
Yes. Thanks. 3.8.1p1 succcessfully works with my requirement. And I can see
the
"ifndef USE_POSIX_THREADS" definition in the import_environments() function
in auth-pam.c and I suspect this is the key. I am not sure, but yet to get
the complete diff of the source. Thanks again.

> I don't know why openpty() is failing.  Does the same thing happen with
> 3.8.1p1?
>
> > Anybody else tried USE_POSIX_THREADS in OpenSSH-3.8p1 and PAM-unix in
> > trusted mode.
>
> I've never tried that.
>
> > +         if ((cp = getenv("KRB5CCNAME")) != NULL) {
> > +                child_set_env(&env, &envsize, "KRB5CCNAME", cp);
> > +                copy_environment(&cp, &env, &envsize);
>
> Since we're now clearing KRB5CCNAME when sshd starts, I'm wondering if
> we should just move the existing KRB5CCNAME block from inside the #ifdef
> _AIX block and run it for all platforms.  That way any platform that
> sets it will copy it to the child, but any that don't (which should be
> most of them) will not.

I am using HP-UX 11.23 and this code has to be out of AIX or atleast can be
included for HP-UX also. Because, the env variable is being set only if this
code is in place and USE_POSIX_THREADS. So, I believe this is required for
HP-UX.

Regards,
Kumar