Connection caching?

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Wed May 5 23:50:29 EST 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Jefferson Ogata wrote:

> Now you add connection caching, and the compromise is no longer contained. If
> the user is legitimately logged from the gateway into the secure system, the
> intruder can now log in to the secure system, as many times as he likes.

I think Damien/Markus would agree when I say that the user would have to
enable such a thing for it to be used.  Either via a ssh_config or via
a commandline option.  Much like how X11 sessions are.

Why would a user do such a thing on a machine as you describe?  What gain
do they get?  I see none.

- Ben