stdio to port forward?

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Mon May 24 09:22:10 EST 2004

Dan Kaminsky wrote:
>    I'm attempting to implement something I've wanted for a while...a
> stdio link to a TCP port forward, at least for SSH2, but preferably for
> either protocol.  There's certainly no technical reason this can't be
> done, but the vagaries of terminal / file descriptor handling are posing
> something of a challenge.
>
>    Does anyone have any suggestions for "correct" approaches for this?

Well, the "fast" option is to use connect/netcat:

ssh -o 'Proxycommand ssh bastion connect yourhost 22" yourhost

The disadvantage is you need connect or netcat on the bastion host.  (I
also had problems with netcat not exitting but apparently recent
versions don't do that).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.