stdio to port forward?

Dan Kaminsky dan at doxpara.com
Mon May 24 19:32:51 EST 2004

A user cannot configure their public keys with a server w/o access to
some sort of shell.  Another reason to support a pubkey subsystem -- we
also get to avoid homegrown PHP flying around the file system with root
permissions updating authorized_keys files and getting away with it
because "ssl makes it se-kure" :-)

Also, an obvious disadvantage of the system below is that the client
can't direct its final destination.  That makes it a no-go for most
bastion uses (what are you going to use -- a separate account for each
destination?  A separate port?).

--Dan