stdio to port forward?

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Wed May 26 01:22:54 EST 2004

Darren Tucker wrote:
> Well, the "fast" option is to use connect/netcat:
>
> ssh -o 'Proxycommand ssh bastion connect yourhost 22" yourhost
>
> The disadvantage is you need connect or netcat on the bastion host.  (I
> also had problems with netcat not exitting but apparently recent
> versions don't do that).

Of course the ProxyCommand solution with connect/netcat is cleaner.
But if I understand correctly and it was not available then you can
still use daisy chaining for access.

  ssh -t bastion ssh yourhost
  ssh -t bastion1 ssh -t bastion2 ssh yourhost

This works for rsync as well.

  rsync -e 'ssh bastion ssh' /some/path yourhost:/some/path
  rsync -e 'ssh bastion1 ssh bastion2 ssh' /some/path yourhost:/some/path

Bob