SSHD with PAM question

Bob Bramwell bob at jasomi.com
Tue Nov 2 06:44:37 EST 2004

Let me refine my previous question:

> Can anyone provide some insight into why the auth-pam module uses a fork in
 > pthread_create (auth-pam.c)?  This completely breaks the ability of one PAM
function
 > to pass data to others via the pam_set_data/pam_get_data functions.

Can anyone tell me how to #define USE_POSIX_THREADS when building --with-pam
defined?  The autoconfig stuff doesn't test for pthreads libraries, so by
default you get threads simulated by Unix processes.  Presumably there ought to
be an "official" way to specify this.

Thanks.

--
Bob Bramwell            Jasomi Networks (Canada) | This space
Ph: 403 269 2938 x155   #310 602 11th Ave SW     | intentionally