avoiding 'authenticity' prompt

David T-G davidtg-openssh at justpickone.org
Wed Nov 10 21:12:20 EST 2004

Darren, et al --

...and then Darren Tucker said...
%
% David T-G wrote:
% >man pages.  I trust that I should be looking in the ssh(1) pages and not
% >at the sshd(8) or otherwise esoteric pages.
% >
% >Might I ask for a hint or two to set me on my way?
%
% Try "man ssh_config" and look for StrictHostKeyChecking.

Thanks!

%
% The ssh_config(5) page documents the config file options and is
% mentioned several times in the ssh(1) page, so I don't think it's esoteric.

Indeed.  I had also read through the config man page but must have glazed
over (although my search strings were not in there, either).  Not esoteric
but simply elusive :-)

%
% --
% Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
% GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4  37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
%     Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
% usually comes from bad judgement.

Thanks again & HAND

:-D
--