RedHat forks OpenSSH?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Nov 11 11:21:59 EST 2004

Once upon a time, Sten Drescher <stend at sten.org> said:
> Theo de Raadt wrote:
> >Er, since you are a redhat user, I think you are posting to the wrong
> >list...
> >
> So now any Red Hat user, even if they build their own OpenSSH binaries
> from your tarballs, is persona non grata on your (apparently) personal
> lists?  Wonderful attitude, just wonderful.

All this is is a patch!  Red Hat has always applied patches to OpenSSH
for their distribution.  Why the attitude now?

Are you going to tell everyone trying to use OpenSSH on Solaris (or
Cobalt RaQ550s, or ...) to go away as well because the OS vendor patched
it before shipping it?  How many of those vendors even make their
(possibly modified) source code available at all?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>