avoiding 'authenticity' prompt

David T-G davidtg-openssh at justpickone.org
Sun Nov 14 13:35:12 EST 2004

Bob, et al --

Hi, Bob!  Small world :-)

...and then Bob Proulx said...
%
% David T-G wrote:
% > % >Might I ask for a hint or two to set me on my way?
%
% Having been through this myself let me suggest the following.
%
%   ssh -oBatchmode=yes -oStrictHostKeyChecking=no -oCheckHostIP=no -oUserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null

Thanks!  It's the StrictHostKeyChecking that really helped, and I've just
symlinked known_hosts to dev null directly :-)  I'll have a look at the
other options as well.

%
% Basically for this cron task I never keep the keys around.  They might
% change.  So they are useless and I store them in /dev/null.

Yep.

%
% Bob

Thanks!