patch adding none cipher/mac for ssh v2

Michael A Stevens mstevens at cmu.edu
Mon Nov 15 14:34:46 EST 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Markus Friedl wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:07:25AM -0500, Michael A Stevens wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the info.
>>>
>>> For this to be true in practice, however, certain modifications have to be
>>> made to openssh's windowing size. Are these changes now part of the
>>> openssh distribution, and enabled by default? Also, have they been
>>> backported to other vendors' distributions, e.g. Sun, Red Hat?
>>
>> The OpenSSH people don't seem to care about the patch. The PSC maintains
>> the patch for current versions of openssh though.
>
> well i do care, but it's incomplete and has problems.

The newest version does the scaling automatically without any command line
options. It also checks for interoperability with the older versions of
OpenSSH because of the problem with the input buffer not limiting the data
that it reads in on the window and trying to grow the buffer too large. If
you have any suggestions as to what would need to be changed we would be
open to any ideas.

Mike