remote port forwarding timeout?

Torsten Foertsch torsten.foertsch at gmx.net
Thu Nov 25 02:22:50 EST 2004

Hi,

is it possible to establish a remote port forwarding with a timeout? I want

ssh -R 2000:x.y.z:80 --remote-forwarding-timeout 10 sleep 100

to return after 100 sec. But the remote sshd should be listening on port 2000
only for 10 sec and then close the listening socket. For the last 90 sec port
2000 should not be forwarded anymore but established connections should
remain working.

If it is not possible would it be a useful feature? I could also think of
limiting the number of connections to port 2000. Would it be difficult to
implement?

Torsten