Searching for original UID at remote (sshd) host

Roland rr_itcsec at t-online.de
Fri Nov 26 08:56:32 EST 2004

Hi,

does there exist a functionality in the current code, which allows the
setting of an environment variable at the server side that represents
the original user id at the ssh client side. The intention for that is,
that i will know who the real user at the ssh client side is, if the
user sets the option "-l <user>" in the ssh command. In the current
code, I found only the options.user  structure, which contains the
username for the new session, but there is no parameter  for
transferring the original user name if the -l option is used. I need the
original UID for an auditing mechanism at the server side.

Example: user1 at host1>ssh host2 -l user2   : host2 does't know, that
user1 has made the ssh connection from host1

Roland