On Windows, launch ssh-add with a passphrase as parameter

Patrice.Gonthier at alcatel.fr Patrice.Gonthier at alcatel.fr
Thu Oct 21 17:20:30 EST 2004

Hello,

Our need:
On windows, I have an application which is running on windows and which has
already request a passphrase to the user.
This application needs to launch ssh agent and ssh add, but I do not want
to be prompt again for the passphrase.
My private key is of course encrypted with the passphrase.

Our idea
My only idea is to force, by a re-direction the passphrase as input of
ask_passphrase.

The tests done:
We have made some test on windows.
It seems the askpass program is only executed when the ssh has no terminal.
But, on windows, it seems that ssh is always started in a console
window and ssh-add not calls askpass program always.

Conclusion
Can somebody help us ?

Thank you by advance

Patrice