OpenSSH/Heimdal/MIT KDC problem/question

Robert Banz banz at umbc.edu
Tue Oct 26 02:42:30 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm running OpenSSH 3.8 & 3.9, compiled against Heimdal 0.6.3 for it's
GSSAPI & AFS integration.

A couple weeks ago, we upgraded our MIT KDC from (ugh) Kerberos 5 1.0.6
to the lastest and greatest 1.3.5.  However, it seems that as part of
the upgrade, our GSSAPI credentials passing in OpenSSH stopped working.
Actually, didn't completely stop...  You can still do a GSSAPI-based
logon to the same machine, e.g.

	machine1> ssh machine1
		works.

	machine1> ssh machine2
		doesn't.

Weirdo, eh?

I'm pretty familar with the Kerb APIs, however, not so much with the
GSSAPI stuff; however, the GSSAPI routines seem to obfuscate what's
going on at the Kerb level, so it's hard to tell what's going on.

Any takers?

--
Robert Banz (banz at umbc.edu)
UMBC Office of Information Technology