OpenSSH 4.1: call for testing.

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Apr 5 11:32:58 EST 2005

Thanks to all for the testing so far.

Gert Doering wrote:
>   WARNING: the operating system that you are using does not
>   appear to support either the getpeereid() API nor the
>   SO_PEERCRED getsockopt()
[...]
> out of curiousity: who *does* support this, if not the BSDs?  Or is it
> just NetBSD that can't do it yet?

 From the surveys[1] sent so far: OpenBSD, FreeBSD and Cygwin have
getpeereid().

Linux has SO_PEERCRED but I'm not sure which others do (configure doesn't
write that into config.h so I don't have much data for that.

[1] see INSTALL for details on sending surveys.  They help answer
questions like this one :-)

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.