OpenSSH 4.1: call for testing.

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Apr 5 20:30:39 EST 2005

Edgar, Bob wrote:
> On Solaris10/Sparc:
>
> My first make tests failed as below. Running again, all tests pass.
> I then started again with a clean directory and did configure && make tests
> without errors. Pehaps this is just wierdness on my system but perhaps
> someone else will see something obvious.

No, nothing obvious.

One possibility: if you're using OpenSSL <= 0.9.7e compiled on Solaris 10,
it won't use the /dev/*random devices.  This means that the
ssh-rand-helper needs to exist in its final location (/usr/local/libexec
by default) in order for the tests to run (so if it started working after
a "make install" then that's probably the reason).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.