EPROTONOSUP Problem

umashankar uniyal us_u1 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Apr 8 07:13:57 EST 2005

Hi,
I am running the dbt2 test kit for postgres-8.0.1.The
driver and client are running on Sun Solaris 10 and
the database is running on Red Hat 9.I am running the
test kit for 100 warehouses with tpw(terminal per
warehouse) value of 80.

I did truss on driver and found that after executing
some transactions an error comes related to
EPROTONOSUP. The particular point where error comes
looks like this-

 so_socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, -4, "", SOV_DEFAULT)
 Err#120 EPROTONOSUP .

 Above this error the normal behaviour was:
so_socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_TCP, "",
 SOV_DEFAULT) = 255

I found that this error comes when the protocol is not
supported by the addres family.
Could you please help me out on this about how to
solve this one as how after executing for some time
the protocol is not supported at all.

Thanks & Regards
uma