PAM authentication

Søren Hansen sh at warma.dk
Fri Apr 15 20:01:56 EST 2005

I find it annoying that openssh takes active part in the authentication
process when using PAM. Namely, SSH doesn't pass the user's password if
the getpwent for the user returns NULL.

I use a clever PAM setup that allows nonexisting users to log in if they
are succesfully authenticated against a Samba server.
When the user logs in for the first time, he's added to the user
database and obviously only then will a call to getpwnam be succesful.

I propse a configuration option to allow the authentication token to be
passed to PAM even if the user has not pwentry.

Thoughts?

--
Søren Hansen <sh at warma.dk>