Cleaning wtmp entries when SIGTERM is received.

Senthil Kumar senthilkumar_sen at hotpop.com
Tue Apr 26 17:28:04 EST 2005

Hi ,

I also tried passing signal SIGTERM to the privileged sshd process once the
session is obtained. This leaves impurities in wtmp entries and I think
there is no SIGTERM handler for sshd. This shows the user as "still logged
in" even after logout. What will be the effect if we have the handler for
this signal? Will it break anywhere?

When I tried this with rlogin program, it handled the SIGTERM and cleared
the wtmp entries.

Thanks,
Senthil Kumar.