New Set of High Performance Networking Patches Available

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Aug 5 03:03:33 EST 2005

Chris Rapier wrote:
[throughput]
> Yeah, thats definitely low. Can you try a loopback to your localhost and
> dump the data into /dev/null to see what sort of limit the CPU is
> imposing? Also, what cipher? 3des is justa nightmare. Most of our tests
> are using arcfour and blowfish.

Tried all that.  All tests done with arcfour, same (low) throughput
copying to /dev/null.  And as I mentioned, systems did 6MB/s throughput
w/out the high-latency network (which was disk-to-disk).

I will probably try measuring with ttcp or netperf next.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.