Call for release testing

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Tue Aug 23 19:14:20 EST 2005

Thanks to all who have tested so far!

Michael Selvesteen wrote:
> Platforms :  HP-UX  B.11.23  U  ia64  &  HP-UX  B.11.11 U 9000/800
> Except the following tests, all others passed

>>>run test agent-getpeereid.sh ...
> skipped (not supported on this platform)

HP-UX does not have the kernel features required to implement this; ie
no way to know the euid of the process on the other end of a Unix domain
socket.  (Either that, or it does and OpenSSH doesn't know how to use
it, in which case we would like to know about it :-)

>>>run test agent-ptrace.sh ..
> skipped (SUDO not set)

If you have gdb installed and set up sudo to allow commands without
password then this will work then you can enable this with:

$ SUDO=sudo make tests

This is mentioned briefly in README.regress but could probably use a
better explanation.

>>>run test dynamic-forward.sh ...
> skipped (no suitable ProxyCommand found)

If you wish to test thism you can install connect[1] or a netcat that
supports SOCKS (OpenBSD's is OK, not sure about other variants).

[1] http://www.taiyo.co.jp/~gotoh/ssh/connect.html

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.