Call for release testing

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Aug 24 02:07:47 EST 2005

Once upon a time, Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> said:
> Please test! Running the regression tests supplied with Portable does
> not require installation and is a simply:
>
> $ ./configure && make tests

Tru64 passes all tests except for skipped tests:

   run test agent-getpeereid.sh ...
   skipped (not supported on this platform)

Tru64 doesn't have getpeereid.

   run test agent-ptrace.sh ...
   skipped (not supported on this platform)

I don't think there's a way to disable ptrace on Tru64.

   run test dynamic-forward.sh ...
   skipped (no suitable ProxyCommand found)

I'll look at installing the mentioned program for this test.

   run test multiplex.sh ...
   skipped (not supported on this platform)

It looks like the multiplex.sh test checks for DISABLE_FD_PASSING and
skips the test if it is defined, but I don't see why (it doesn't look
like the mux code checks DISABLE_FD_PASSING).

The only reason DISABLE_FD_PASSING is set on my system is because it is
Tru64 with SIA (which can't handle privsep).  FD passing works fine;
maybe disabling privsep should depend on a different option?

Anyway, commenting out the DISABLE_FD_PASSING check in multiplex.sh
allows it to run that test, and it then passes.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>