Test Failure on Mac OS X 10.4.2

Chris Rapier rapier at psc.edu
Thu Aug 25 01:32:23 EST 2005

I was able to get it to compile but the tests are failing. When I run
the test as root I get:
run test connect.sh ...
Connection closed by 127.0.0.1
ssh connect with protocol 1 failed
failed simple connect
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
make: *** [tests] Error 2

However, when I run as a normal user I got:
test remote exit status: proto 1 status 0
/Users/rapier/Desktop/sshtest/openssh/regress/test-exec.sh: line 24:
14772 Bus error               ${SSH} -$p -F $OBJ/ssh_proxy -n otherhost
exec sh -c \'"sleep 2; exec > /dev/null 2>&1; sleep 3; exit $s"\'
exit code (with sleep) mismatch for protocol 1: 138 != 0
test remote exit status: proto 1 status 1
test remote exit status: proto 1 status 4
Connection closed by UNKNOWN
exit code mismatch for protocol 1: 255 != 4
Connection closed by UNKNOWN
exit code (with sleep) mismatch for protocol 1: 255 != 4
test remote exit status: proto 1 status 5
test remote exit status: proto 1 status 44
Connection closed by UNKNOWN
exit code mismatch for protocol 1: 255 != 44
Connection closed by UNKNOWN
exit code (with sleep) mismatch for protocol 1: 255 != 44
test remote exit status: proto 2 status 0
test remote exit status: proto 2 status 1
test remote exit status: proto 2 status 4
test remote exit status: proto 2 status 5
test remote exit status: proto 2 status 44
failed remote exit status
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
make: *** [tests] Error 2

I just ran it again as a normal user and this time I got:
run test exit-status.sh ...
test remote exit status: proto 1 status 0
test remote exit status: proto 1 status 1
test remote exit status: proto 1 status 4
test remote exit status: proto 1 status 5
test remote exit status: proto 1 status 44
Connection closed by UNKNOWN
exit code (with sleep) mismatch for protocol 1: 255 != 44
test remote exit status: proto 2 status 0
test remote exit status: proto 2 status 1
test remote exit status: proto 2 status 4
test remote exit status: proto 2 status 5
test remote exit status: proto 2 status 44
failed remote exit status
make[1]: *** [t-exec] Error 1
make: *** [tests] Error 2

The difference being that the first time I had the native sshd enabled.
I have no idea if that made a difference though.

I'm going to try rebuilding this in a 'cleaner' environment than the one
I have installed on this laptop. I'll let people know how that works (as
I would not be surprised if it really is just me).

Chris