greater than 8 character passwords on SCO OSR6

Roger Cornelius rac at tenzing.org
Tue Aug 30 09:01:57 EST 2005

I read the exchange regarding > 8 char passwords on Unixware from the
end of June.

Is anything being done to add support for >8 character passwords on SCO
OSR6 (in udk mode)?  I have it working by calling osr5bigcrypt(), instead
of bigcrypt(), in openbsd-compat/xcrypt.c and linking with -lcrypt.
libcrypt has bigcrypt(), but for whatever reason, openssh built with it
fails to authenticate passwords >8 chars in length.

bigcrypt() is not documented as being available in udk mode, and
osr5bigcrypt() is not documented at all, so not sure if this is the
"correct" fix.
Roger Cornelius        rac at tenzing.org