sshd blocks SIGALRM

Loic Domaigne loic-dev at gmx.net
Tue Dec 27 03:30:49 EST 2005

Hi Dan,

http://groups.google.de/group/linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/8d0527bf96afa479/bf08f9b0faaa8ca6%23bf08f9b0faaa8ca6?sa=X&oi=groupsr&start=0&num=3

> Do you engage PAM in authentication? Some poorly written PAM modules can
> block for some reason SIGALARM while not clearing that blocking before
starting
> user session. If sshd itself never blocks SIGALARM, one or more of PAM
modules
> could be the reason of that.

Yeah, that could be the problem indeed (the thread above mention a possible
PAM issue as well). Do you have an idea how I should proceed in order to
find out the broken PAM module(s)?

TIA,
Loic.

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* + WLAN-Router ab 0,- Euro*
Bis 31.12.2005 einsteigen! Infos unter: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl