Permission prob with scp

Vyomkesh vyomkesh.mishra at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:08:20 EST 2005

Hi...
I am trying to do scp from one server to another.If permission of my
home dir is 775 then it is not allowing to do the scp in case of
passwd less authentication (i.e when i am using pubkey/private without
passpharse).In this case it is asking for passwd even though the
public key is present in home directory (.i.e in .ssh).

But if i am changing the permission to 755 then it is not asking the
passwd and allowing the scp.

How can i do the scp if i want to use pubkey/private key and also i
need to keep my home dir permission to 775. This is because in my home
dir other processes are writing the data and i can not stop that.

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards
Vyomkesh
If you know the enemy and know urself,u need not fear the result of a
hundred battles.If u know youself but not the enemy,for every victory
gained you will also suffer a defeat.If you know neither the enemy nor
urself,you will succumb in every battle.

   ----Sun Tez on The art of war.