Does OpenSSH+GSSAPI interoperate between Heimdal and MIT?

Peter Losher Peter_Losher at isc.org
Sun Jul 24 12:04:21 EST 2005

I have a freshly installed FreeBSD 6.0-BETA1 system, which comes with Heimdal
& OpenSSH w/GSSAPI enabled (version 4.1p1 FreeBSD-20050605)  Most of the
servers I connect to have OpenSSH w/GSSAPI enabled but they use MIT Kerberos
(1,3.x and 1.4.x)  Now, I can use ticket authentication between all systems
where the libraries are all the same (Heimdal or MIT), but trying to use, for
example, a client built w/ Heimdal and a server that is built w/ MIT, it
fails w/ this error:

-=-
debug2: we sent a gssapi-with-mic packet, wait for reply
debug1:  Miscellaneous failure (see text)
PROCESS_TGS

debug1: Trying to start again
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
-=-

Has anyone experienced this, and if so, how did they get around it (if they
did)?

Best Wishes - Peter
--
Peter_Losher at isc.org | ISC | OpenPGP 0xE8048D08 | "The bits must flow"