hashing Hosts in ssh_config file

Zibeli Aton zibeli at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 00:22:54 EST 2005

Hello,

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but after editing
my sshd_config file to set HashKnownHosts to 'yes'
after this feature was recently added it occured to me
that many of those same hosts are listed in "Hosts"
lines in my ssh_config file.  (The servers I connect
to use different ports and require different
IdentityFiles, so I set the appropriate options for
each server in the ssh_config file to save me from
having to remember and type them when I connect to a
given server.)  Since this basically, I would think,
negates any usefulness of the HashKnownHosts option, I
wondered if there had been any thought given to
implementing a similar feature for the hosts listed in
"Hosts" lines of the ssh_config file.  I'm guessing
that since the "Hosts" directives allow wildcards,
this would be difficult or impossible, but curiosity
leads me to check with the developer's list.

Thanks in advance for any replies,
Zibeli.