This is only a test...

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Jun 12 19:18:39 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 00:47 -0400, Victor B. Gonzalez wrote:
>   Sorry, new to majordomo. I keep getting my messages rejected and
>   then get a flood of error messages. I am just testing to see if this
>   goes through successfully.

What you see is probably just one of the misguided challenge-response
systems which are actually contributing to the spam problem rather than
helping to improve matters. These systems will generally spam an
innocent third party with 'challenges' in response to messages which
they did not send.

If you ever receive such a challenge in response to a message you did
not send, I recommend that you report it as mail abuse to the upstream
network provider of the sending host. Challenge-response isn't part of
the answer; it's part of the problem.

--
dwmw2