Open SSH Specifications

Velupula, Prakash prakash.velupula at hp.com
Wed Jun 22 05:09:27 EST 2005

Hi all,

We have Open SSH 3.4p1 available on our HPTE (HP Telco Extensions)
Linux. We have a need to comply with the following requirements for our
customers:

*	The SSH product shall support Version 2 of SSH as defined by the
standards
*	The SSH product shall support both client and server versions
*	The SSH product shall support the following authentication
methods
-          Password Authentication
-          Public-Key Authentication
-          Host-Based Authentication
-          Certificate Authentication
-          Kerberos Authentication
-          Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM)
-          SecurID

*	The SSH shall support a packet filtering firewall.  This
requirement allows for secure telnet only from some physical ports and
regular telnet from other physical ports
*	The SSH product shall support secure Public Key encryption
*	The SSH product shall be capable of being exported to all
countries in accordance with US governmental trade policies (i.e. Denied
or Restricted Parties)
*	The SSH product shall support real time applications.  Run time
speed, footprint, etc are important parameters that should be optimized
*	SSH agent should be included in the product
*	Use force command configuration of the SSH - it limits what
clients can do in a session

Is there any Specifications document for Open SSH which describes as to
what all features are supported in a particular version? Otherwise,
should we perform the validation for ourselves using some test library?

Your co-operation is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Prakash