openssh vs pam

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Jun 26 09:38:11 EST 2005

Damien Miller wrote:
> A bit of history here: when Sun first forked OpenSSH to make Sun_SSH,
> they offered us back their patchset, but steadfastly refused to state
> or clarify the license that it was under, thereby making direct
> cooperation impossible. Quite a pity really...

Some slightly more recent history: where code has been supplied by Sun
(or anyone else for that matter) under a compatible license (ISC, 2 or 3
term BSD) and there is a need for it, we are happy to use it.

For example, BSM audit support has been in the last couple of OpenSSH
releases (audit-bsm.c), based on code supplied by Sun under a 2-term BSD
license.

Now whether or not anyone actually uses it is another question.  I've
seen no comments about it post-release.  Hopefully no news is good news...

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.