Port 0 forwarding implemented?

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Mar 2 20:52:08 EST 2005

Lucio wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've read the ssh protocol draft
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-connect-24.txt
>
> and I wonder if the feature documented in section 7.1, page 15, last
> paragraph, is implemented in OpenSSH or not (sshd chooses the first free non
> privileged port to forward when the specified port number is 0). I need this
> feature and, if it isn't implemented yet, I could write a patch, provided
> someone points me to the correct source file.

No, it isn't implemented. A patch would be welcome - start by looking at
the channel_setup_fwd_listener() function in channels.c and the places
from which it is called.

You should base your patches on CVS HEAD or the snapshot releases,
because this function has changed substantially since the 3.9 release.

-d